Ethical Considerations For In-House Counsel
Serving as an in-house lawyer isn’t easy. Not only is it demanding work, but it also poses unique challenges for complying with legal ethics rules. Colin Folawn (Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, P.C.) and Megan Lutes (Convoy, Inc.) will discuss the following issues:
- Client confidentiality in the corporate context;
- Dealing with corporate constituents and conflicts of interest;
- Complying with remaining obligations after leaving a company;
- Lawyer-client privilege considerations, and any unique considerations in quarantine; and
- Multijurisdictional practice.
Colin and Megan will provide practical suggestions for maintaining compliance and reducing risk through the use of entertaining hypothetical scenarios. We will be applying for one CLE credit for Washington and Oregon.